Thursday, December 14, 2006

A little less Christmas cheer

I recieved some very bad news today. I heard from my Aunt that my last living great grandparent died early this morning. My grandma Peachie was born in 1913. While I know she had moved on to some place better, it's still a little painful. She lived a very long, and very good life. She had 13 children, and out lived her husband by just over 32 years. And I will always remember her as the strong woman that she was. She was always smiling, and very patient with all of us grandchildren, and there were plenty of us. Come to think of it, I don't ever remember her getting angry or yelling. And since she lived in the middle of the country, I always remember the good ol' meals we had while we were there. Breakfast was usually biscuts, fried eggs, fried potatoes and sausage gravy. Dinners were things like ham hocks and pinto beans with corn bread. So, Saturday morning, I'm off to Southern Ohio to attend the funeral, and spend a little time with my grandparents, sisters, aunts, uncles, nephew and all the cousins.

In memory of Grandma Peachie 1913-2006

No comments: