Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Happy (upcoming) Imbolc

Hi All! With Imbolc just a week away, we had our Kitchen Witchery class last evening at the shop.

We had a lovely evening. We started by making some fresh butter, using the old spaghetti jar method, and then blended up some flavored butter. I had a variety of dried and fresh herbs to use, along with some honey and cinnamon. I even baked a couple of loaves of Irish soda bread for us to use for taste testing. There were some really yummy blends to try. Be sure to check out the Imbolc page for all the recipes I've put together for this holiday. If you try making your own butter, please be sure to comment and let me know how it turned out, and if you make any flavored butters, please comment with you flavor blend. I'm always looking for new flavors to try. Also, don't forget to check out my Imbolc board on Pinterest for other recipes ideas, along with decorating ideas, tarot spreads and altar layouts.

After making fresh butter this evening, it's made me miss making my own butter. So, I think I'll be going back to make my own fresh better. This will also give me the butter milk I need to make the Irish soda bread that my husband loves so much.

Until next time... Blessed Be!

No comments: